August 13, 2008




My chess teacher visits my blog

Thank you, Chien, for visiting my blog. You may be the first--or at least one of the first to visit it. Chien Ming is my chess teacher in Indonesia. He found out about my blog from the little invitation I put in my 'finger' notes of the Internet Chess Club. Chien gives me a chess lesson each week from the other side of the world. We talk back and forth by Skype, as we see the chess board and move the pieces on our computer screens. We can hear each other as clearly as if we were in the same room. Chien is an excellent chess teacher and a true gentleman. If you would like to take chess lessons, let me know, and I will tell you more details and how to get in touch with him. I feel honored to have him as a teacher and a friend. These are pictures of Chien, at a mall in his home city Bandung, Indonesia; playing chess in a tournament; and teaching a chess lesson on the Internet from his Bandung home.

No comments: